IF YOU CAN'T MOVE THE MOUNTAIN, CLIMB IT!

WELCOME!

"A man does what he must - in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures - and that is the basis of all human morality. "
-- John F. Kennedy

"Few will have the greatness to bend history itself; but each of us can work to change a small portion of events, and in the total of all those acts will be written the history of this generation."

"Some people see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not?"

Monday, February 15, 2010

Three Red Roses

February 13, the night before Hearts' Day. I've never really taken notice of the day 'til now. Just one of the many adjustments I needed to undertake by getting married. Less than several hours until February 14th and I am still with no gift for my wife. Not that she expects me to give one, it's just that it would be a crime not to -- a sign of thoughtlessness and being unprepared. Besides, I could not bear the thought of not being able to give anything- as a token of love- to the one person in the world who have truly showed me love in its purest sense.

So, there I was sitting inside a cab, close to midnight, waiting for the light to turn green. Thoughts were running in my head. How about a cake? Teddy bear? Chocolates? A trip to the Carribean for two? (I was wishing it at that point) Something less expected plus... easy on the budget. "Hmmm..." I sighed. That last consideration definitely limits my choices. Anyway...

My pondering mood was interrupted by a face outside. I turned to see a familiar sight on Philippine streets. A girl of about 6 or 7 years old stood there, smiling -- flowers in hand.

I dunno what hit me, without hesitation I opened my door, and grabbed the flowers! I then pulled out what appeared to be P200. (I didn't look) Anyway, as the light turned green I hurriedly told the child, "Uwi ka na ha." (Go home)

As the cab I was in sped away, I smiled. I felt happy. At last, I found the perfect gift to give. And I didn't just give it to one, I gave it to two.

As for the price of the flowers, I didn't really mind. At that moment, I felt so WEALTHY.


p.s. Joy absolutely loved the 3 red roses and gave me more than just 3 kisses. c",)

1 comment: